MY TOP 3 FOUNDATIONS

Thursday 17 September 2015


Hello Beauteurs!

To start off the blog I decided that what a better post than my favorite foundations?! I must admit that I am a foundation junkie. Foundation is probably something I couldn't live without and it's definitely one of my favorite items when it comes to makeup.

On this post I thought I'd write a small review on three different foundations; a high street (Bourjois Healthy Mix), middle range (MAC Studio Fix) and a high end (Giorgio Armani Luminous silk).

I say a foundation works for me when it gives me full coverage, stays on all day, doesn't flake (I have slightly dry skin) and doesn't feel like I have a layer of cake on my face. I can definitely say that these three here do the job perfectly.

Bourjois Healthy Mix (from £9 to £11)

(Not to be confused with Healthy Mix Serum)
I have been using this foundation for over two years now and to be fair I have lost the count of how many bottles I have bought since I first discovered it.
Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation claims to be long lasting (up to 16 hours) and it's enriched with a fruit therapy formula to enhance your complexion.

First of all let me tell you about the smell. Oh, the smell. This foundation smells like you've woken up in a middle of a bowl of fruit somewhere in the Caribbean. I know some people don't like smelly foundations but come on, who doesn't like the smell of fruit?

Is it full coverage? For me, yes. I have some blemishes and some scaring (oh, those teenage years!) and with just one application it covers it all. If you have more delicate skin you might need to build it up but I can assure you that it still won't look cakey. This foundation is very light on the skin and it really doesn't feel like you're wearing any foundation yet still makes your face look flawless.

As for the packaging and the price, you can't really fault them. The bottle is glass and it comes with a pump and the price... well, for a tenner it is really worth it.

It comes in 8 different shades and they blend very well with your skin tone as I've tried three different shades at different times of the year and they've all always matched my skin perfectly.

Overall, I could compare this foundation to Studio Fix (slightly better even because it hydrates my skin rather than dry it) but for half the price. I think Bourjois have done very well with this product and I will continue buying it over any other drugstore foundation.

MAC Studio Fix Fluid (£22)

Now this is a lot of people's favorite foundation and I understand why. It really is full coverage and again, I know some people isn't keen on the smell (my mum for example hates it) but I love it. It smells like MAC (if you're a MAC fan you'll get what I mean).

It claims to be long wearing (up to 8 hours), smoothly application, build-able coverage and contains certain powders and pigments to help minimize the appearance of imperfections.

For me Studio Fix is great. It is long wearing (for me it lasts even more than 8 hours) and if I'm going on a night out where I know I will be dancing, sweating and taking millions of selfies with friends I will definitely be wearing this foundation. It looks great in pictures (specially if you like a matte finish like I do) and it doesn't come off if you're having a dance.

Another good thing about this foundation is the amount of shades available. There's tons! And they have a range for cool tones and another for warm tones which makes it a lot easier to match your own skin tone.

I must admit that even tho I absolutely love this foundation there is one thing that I don't quite like and it's the fact that it does dry my skin if I wear it often. I went through a phase where I wore this foundation every single day and it ended up drying my skin a lot more than usual. So I'd say if you're gonna wear it often make sure you moisturize very well before and after!

Apart from that, MAC Studio Fix is a great foundation and the price, well, it's not cheap but a bottle does last a few months!

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk (£34-£37)

This is definitely not a cheap foundation. It's probably not a foundation you'd pick up 'just to try it' unless you've got plenty of money. How did I try it, why did I buy it? For my birthday last year I got a Debhenams Gift Voucher and because I didn't want to just buy any foundations I went to all different departments and I asked for some samples. After trying a few different ones I noticed this one was my favorite one by miles.

This foundation is probably THE best foundation I have ever tried. It's very light on the skin but full coverage. It doesn't dry my skin, it lasts all day even without primer, it gives it a very natural glow (without being shimmery), hydrates your skin and it just looks flawless to the point where I have had pictures taken and people had thought I'd photo-shopped them when in fact I hadn't even used a filter!

The packaging is so sexy, matte glass bottle is always a win for me. There is also 21 shades to chose from which is a hell of a lot of shades to find your perfect match.

As for the price, yes it is expensive but it's 100% worth it for me, however, if you'd like to try this foundation I do recommend that you try it first with a sample.



So that's it guys, these are my favorite foundations. Like I said I wanted to chose one of each price range but if you guys are interested in my top 3 drugstore and my top 3 high end for separate please let me know so I can go ahead and write my reviews for you!

Have you tried any of these foundations? Please leave your comments and don't forget to follow me on Twitter and Instagram! <3

See you soon!






4 comments :

  1. Firstly welcome to blogging! Secondly amazing post, I really do need to try the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation - it's been on my list for an absolute age! Great post! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      Do try it because it's awesome! So good for the price!

      xx

      Delete
  2. Your blog is amazing! I love all your pics! :) xx

    Giulia www.giulietteblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you on the Bourjois Healthy mix! xx

    ReplyDelete